Thursday, August 24, 2006

Result Day Angst

For those who didn't know (bearing in mind the media coverage), today was GCSE results day.
I never realised how stressful it would be waiting for the dreaded envelope. My eldest was at school this morning waiting with all the others,(Mum was relegated to the car!!!) It was worse than waiting for my own results 20+ years ago. When she came out she was delighted, thank goodness. She managed 2A*'s in PE and Business studies, A in Dance, B in Maths, B in RE, C's in English Language, &Literature, 2C's in science, and C in citizenship. Having battled to get her dyslexia diagnosed and then extra time for her exams we are delighted. She has already enrolled in college to do a B Tech national diploma in Sport.
Well thats the proud parent bit done for now.

Holiday over, washing in the machine, everything back to normal!

Managed to get loads of kntting done. Pics to follow! Completed two baby cardis, 48 blanket squares (which now need sewing together) two scarves and the back of a cardi for someone at work. The latter was really hard work, as it is partially frogged beige 4ply wool. I don't even know if there is going to be enough to finish the cardi.


This is one of the baby cardis part way through.It is in a lovely soft cotton and the pattern is called Felicite from the Patons sugar fairies booklet. Once I have sewn it together I will take another picture.


This was my holiday knitting chair. The view from the window was spectacular. I could gaze at the sea while clicking away with the needles. The railings you can see form the edge of the balcony overlooking the garden.

The bay in the background is Thurlestone Sands in Devon.

I would have moved down to Devon tomorrow if the opportunity arose.There are only a few small things in the way. Hubby's job, My job, eldest daughter( who wouldnt move if we paid her!). Not a lot really! I think the dog and youngest daughter would have come with me. Only downside was I didn't find any knitting shops. Although to be fair we didn't spend much time in the shops as Hubby hates browsing.

At long last we have had some rain and I have come back to find my lawn has "greened" again and my plants are looking much better. No need for rain dances, thank goodness! Now I just have to finish the fence painting, bulb planting and preparing for autumn.

No comments: