Sunday, August 06, 2006

A knitting Photo!

I have at long last mastered the downloading of photos from the camera to the lap-top, and from a file to the Blog. It's a good job I'm sitting down!
Here is a little cardi knitted in Pale blue 'acrylic' (can't remember which one) made for one of the ladies who work with my hubby. I love knitting for babies as it is so quick and they don't complain about it not being the "in thing".
As the mum of two girls I have to be aware of whats in and whats not!, Not that it affects my wardrobe!!
I am having a break at the moment after emptying out the upstairs store room. Long story to follow so you can skip it if you wish!!!
When we moved in to our house in 1989 we had my hubby's two children living with us, but we were already planning our own, so in anticipation of having three kids at home (each wanting their own room) we built a stud-partition wall to create two rooms out of one. The only problem with it was the lack of window, but as it was only used for sleeping it didn,t seem to matter. At first my stepson had this room as it was bigger than the box-room.The new baby had the box room. Then when The eldest moved out we used it as a playroom / spare room. Then came baby number 2 (stepson by now age 13, daughter aged 8 1/2) So new baby had this room. When stepson moved out in 2002 (age 17) we made the spare room smaller, giving daughter a bigger room, and moved baby (by now age 4) into box room! (Are you following this?)The space became a very useful storage area, to keep boxes of photos, toys, games,all the spare bedding and towels,and also houses both girls wardrobes and chest of drawers. The only down side is that being a hoarder I tend to dump stuff in it! It had got to the point where it was full to capacity, and totally disorganised, so as I am on my own today I decided it was time for a mega sort out.

Found a few stashed balls of wool (what a surprise!) and am now planning what to do with them.
I love finding stuff I forgot I had. In my house, and with my memory, that happens quite a lot.

No comments: