Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I need to learn more about blogging! All I am able to do is post my occasional photo and words. Does anyone where to get a simple how to... book or web-site on blogging? I want to put hyperlinks to other sites but I can't find out how to do it. I also want to have interesting stuff, like w.i.p. charts and other blogs that I read,listed down the side of my blog.
I feel like a real dumbo at times when I read other peoples blogs.

As far as the knitting goes, I find it hard to knit in the hot weather. I have nearly finished the little pink cardi for my step Granddaughter, and am making a blue one for one of the ladies who works in the same office as my hubby.

Today I have been making a Greek chiton for Charlie to wear to school tomorrow as they are having an "ancient greek day" at her primary school. I just have to finish off the neck when she comes home to make sure it fits!!
I popped up to my LYS to pick up a length of cord to use as a belt,and ended up with the cord, a couple of decorative buckles to use on the shoulders, three balls of snuggly baby yarn and another pattern book!

If I get knocked down by a bus it would probably take longer to sort out my yarn stash than anything else! I tend to be a hoarder of all things sentimental, useful, and just about everything in between. My loft will never need an extra layer of insulation as I have so much up there that the heat can never escape.
I have all my baby stuff (from both girls, now age 16 & 8), my uni stuff, yarn stash, dance school costumes from 3 shows, xmas decorations, kids toys, kids school work, art work and so on! None of it has any value (except maybe the yarn stash) but I can't bear to part with it.

Am currently chilling out watching Wimbledon. Need to have knitting with no pattern, no shaping and no difficult bits while I watch Wimbledon as I get in a right pickle!
Boring old garter st. or st.st for me for the next two weeks!

2 comments:

Dropstitchknitter said...

I hope this helps

http://www.lissaexplains.com/ - great site for kids on html and I used it when I started to blog - also, you definitely want to enable word verification for your comments - you do it right on blogger itself - if you can find it, search on word verification - then you won't get spam comments. Also, if you sign up a blogroll.com, it will automatically list all the blogs you read on your sidebar and bloglines is a new aggregator, that you can keep track of the blog you read when they update, instead of checking on them without knowing of an update. Any other help I can offer, just pop me an email, or comment on my blog.

Kath said...

Definately try www.blogrolling.com - it is so much easier to get all your links up - you can even set it up for 1 click adding of links. E-mail me if you get stuck!