Thursday, June 22, 2006

Having been away from the computer for a short time I have been having withdrawal symptoms. First off the trusty hard-drive crashed, then I spent a weekend away with the Rainbows (not the fairies),Followed by a busy week at work and home. I was surprised to see it was May when I last blogged!

I use my hubby's lap-top to blog as the pc is located in the Black Hole of Calcutta, also known as the eldest daughters bedroom!!! Well just my luck when I want to use it to find that the second hard drive in a year has crashed and everything is un-recoverable! I find that sort of thing really frustrating. Even more so than frogging a piece of knitting that has taken all afternoon to knit up. (you can probably guess that thats what I spent today doing.

I have been asked to knit a short sleeve cardi for a friend using an unidentified beige 4ply. I cast on all 161 stitches, then tried to get the pattern sorted. After frogging it four times as it wasn't working out, I gave up and went out to pick up from school. When I came back to it it was much easier, but I lost count of the pattern repeat (probably due to constant questions from Charlie) and had to frog once more. I'm leaving it now and doing another scarf!!!

I am in mourning as my LYS is closing. HELP The couple who run it retired two years ago and set up selling wool from their house via local church halls. Then they opened another shop, but they are now retiring for good as their lease has not been renewed. They are selling up lock stock and barrel, but it won't be the same atmosphere and the new shop will be much further away.

Will blog again soon as it is cuddle time before bed!

No comments: