Saturday, April 08, 2006

The Green Dress


Here is a photo of oldest daughter wearing the green dress mentioned in a previous blog. The picture does not do it real credit as it doesn't show the silver and green spirals on the bottom of the skirt, the sewn in leotard and the silver bodice front which had to be added to preserve her dignity.
As a very amateur seamstress I am amazed that it held together for a dress rehearsal and three performances!

As I am blogging today it means we have not left yet for our sailing holiday. Weather not bril, and I got a rotten cough. My other half has decided its bad enough sharing a house with my cough let alone a 31ft boat!


Daughter featured in the photo currently in Norfolk staying with her Grandma, hopefully revising for her GCSE exams. Next weekend she will be youth hosteling on the North Norfolk coast with a group called the postellers.

Today i am enjoying a leisurely Saturday, with breakfast in bed and a trip out for lunch. Well a girl expects to be pampered on her birthday. My Dad really upset me though as he sent me a card with "life begins at 40" on it. I wouldn't mind except that I'm not 40 till next year! The other downside is that everyone has sent me choccies which could lead to disaster as I am trying to reduce my weight. Next year I will ask for something specific!

No comments: