Thursday, December 01, 2005

precious time

Why is it that at one of the busiest times of the knitting year, when I had planned to make presents for friends and family, that both my girls end up off school. This meant that the time when I would normally be able to knit in peace has been taken up with trips to the doctor and A&E! Also hours have been spent cuddling one or other of them until late in the evening when they were feeling too poorly to sleep.
At least I managed to fit in time for a PINK PARTY in aid of Breakthrough Breast Cancer. I was really pleased to raise £100 by having a Body Shop party at home. I chose Breakthrough because my good friend lost her sister to breast cancer, and my sister in-law, my brothers mother in-law and my boss were all diagnosed with breast cancer this year. Seems to me that it's more common than ever these days.
Also I have introduced about 20 new knitters to the world. No I have not given birth to twenty babies ( although sometimes it feels like it). No, I have started teaching 24 brownies to knit, and I hold fortnightly clinics when the girls bring their knitting along for me to sort out their holes!
I am also teaching the daughter of a friend to use the kneedles to create magic.
I would love to join a knitting 'group' but nothing seems to happen in this area. If anyone reads this and knows how to start a group please e-mail me at mad-house@lineone.net.

No comments: