Saturday, March 29, 2008

Not exactly portable knitting!

I went to Olympia yesterday and I saw these needles and just had to have a go! I bought them from here






Here is my first go at knitting with them using 12 strands of various colours of acrylic yarns. I am making a blanket/throw for Charlie's bed.



And here it is next to my sock!



And lastly to give you an idea of scale next to a 4mm brittany birch needle measuring 28cm end to tip!


I enjoyed my day out at Olympia although I find the ammount of knitting stalls is always a little disappointing. I did make good use of my day with a few well chosen purchases. Obviously the extreme needles are a big hit, but I also bought some yarn. 4 balls of unknown German sock yarn, and 20 balls of Jaeger Roma in colourway 014:Lavender.
I also bought craft paper for Charlie to use in her card making, and a Japanese braiding kit from here. I am going to use the idea with the Girlguides while we are on camp in May.



Easter weekend saw us visiting the Grandchildren in Hastings and here is a rare photo of myself and Ella.

5 comments:

scarletti said...

Wow you are going to have some workout with those needles. It must be like wielding oars! How heavy does the rug get. I think that warrants pretty good exercise. I love the scale shots!!

sarah said...

You're not far off when you compare them to oars.
The blanket already weighs 1200g and is only 40cm long! I am going to need weight lifting practice to carry it. I dread to think about washing it!!!!!

blog-blethers said...

lol Wow! It's almost like tossing the caber with those impressive needles!

madhat said...

You need to be a physio to wield those needles safely, I bet! :D

Looking forward to seeing the completed blanket.

woolydoodles said...

Wow amazing knitting! good job you're a physio so know how to not injure yourself!
hasnt Ella grown?
take care
Love n hugs
Mel x