Friday, February 08, 2008

Our own little Christmas Elf.




Grandaughter Ella had great fun wearing an elf hat.
She is growing up so quickly and it doesn't seem like a year since we celebrated her first Christmas.



A finished object at last


I finished this in Peru Naturals (Machu Pichu) just in time for christmas, although it has taken me this long to put the picture up on the blog.

This month is my Hubby's 60th birthday and I have bought him a personalised number plate for his beloved GOLF. I took a long time thinking of what to do for his birthday as he is really difficult to buy for, and doesn't want a party. The kids are chipping in to pay for it, so I hope he is going to like it.

Half term is fast approaching and Em and I are off to Bangor to look round the University. She has been offered a conditional place there so we thought we better go and take a look. I am not looking forward to the long drive up there, but we are making a short holiday of the trip by staying a couple of nights in a travelodge.

I finished and sent off two hats for the BISS campaign, but forgot to take a photo before I posted them. Now I'm about to start a crossover cardigan in Twilleys Freedom Spirit which I bought at Sandown Park in January. I was very disappointed in the knitting (or lack of )stalls at Sandown Park, and am hoping that Olympia in March will be better. I have nothing against card craft, but when the majority of the stalls are catering for one type of craft it is hard on those who participate in other crafts. Also there were a large number of non craft stalls.

What are you doing on 29th February?
I will be taking part in the first World Knitting and stitching day. Want to know more? visit Stitchlinks to find out what is going on.
I am going to IKnit London to indulge myself in some yarn based retail therapy, and am then going to enjoy an evening of knitting while watching a Dvd of my choice.

Training has now started for the Black Horse Bike Ride in May and Charlie is already collecting sponsorship via her webpage. Please take a look and see what she is up to.

1 comment:

scarletti said...

My goodness you are always so busy. Fantastic job with the Machu Pichu FO. Hope you have a great half-term and small break away. xx