Friday, November 09, 2007

Stitch & Bitch : London

I can't believe I am going tomorrow to the first Stitch and Bitch day in London. I have been looking forward to this for a long time and now am getting ready for the big day.

I have saved up for it and have got my ticket. My bag is packed, my comfortable shoes are ready and my last minute babysitting problems are solved, thanks to the weather! (My hubby can't go sailing due to the storm winds and so is staying at home to look after Charlie)

I have read the web-site info so many times that I almost know it off by heart.


Current knitting projects are going to take a back seat if I buy some new stuff. I have just finished a pair of stripy legwarmers and fingerless mitts for one of my patients in black and day-glo green. I will take a photo when my batteries have recharged. Also on the needles is a pair of socks for my hubby in green and red (one of each colour for sailing). And for a change I have something I am making for myself. I found some Sirdar Peru Naturals, colour way Machu Pichu.
I cast on Monday evening. I finished the back and have started the sleeves already. I am going away for a weekend in December and would like to have it finished by then.

The problem is I received my copy of Simply Knitting yesterday and it included a pattern for a Shaun the Sheep mobile which both daughters have fallen in love with. Plus a friend wants two mini hat and scarf sets for a gift she is making.

1 comment:

Vanessa Hubbard said...

You never mentioned the chickens!!!! Had a lovely day with you Sarah - look forward to meeting up again in the future. Vanessa