Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I couldn't resist putting some photos of my little Ella on the blog.
I know I'm biased but I think she is rather yummy.








Here's one of the new grandma.




And now some knitting photos.
The blanket is one I have done for all the new babies in the family. Each one has had a different ribbon trim. It looks great in every colour,(I have made it in navy blue, yellow, red and white)














The pale pink cardi is done in four ply snugly. I love the classic pattern and have to admit I could probably make it with my eyes shut as I must have made it a hundred times. The great thing is it's really easy to make and can be worn with anything(provided the colour matches)!



The last photo is a deep pink cotton from Sirdar. I think it's Rio. I bought it at a very good price when my local yarn shop closed down. The colour is a bit more like rose(the colour hasn't come out as well as I would have liked on the computer) The pattern is Felicite from the Patons Fairies booklet.

Now I am working on two slightly larger items, another felicite cardi and a jumper from the Jaeger book I bought at the lys closing down sale.

I also have to admit to a bit of baby wool stash enhancement.

I went to Maidstone to visit Father in Law last week, and found a branch of Hobbycraft. I have never been inside before and spent nearly an hour wandering round buying some reduced price Patons fairytale 4ply in a few different colours!and buttons and fluffy stuff(I can't remember which one at the moment). I could have spent lots on fabrics, wools, craft stuff etc. I had to hold myself back.

Off to work now to earn an honest crust!

5 comments:

Kath said...

Congratulations! What a lovely little baby! and what lovely knitted bits and bobs for her!

blog-blethers said...

Ella is an absolute cherub! And her new knits are gorgeous - I love the wee dusky pink one! Very many congratulations on her arrival and a very welcome addition to your family ... bet the girls are haggling over who gets to babysit!!

Angels & Sparkles said...

Your grand-daughter is absolutely beautiful Sarah, a little angel by the looks of it. No wonder you're as proud as punch!
As for Ella's knitted stuff, it all looks great. I love doing baby clothes, they take no time at all and are just so cute.
All the very best to you all.

blog-blethers said...

Any more lovely knits for the beautiful Miss Ella Knutty-Knits??? delighted to hear Em's has taken to student life so well ... and that she's loving her course. Am dreading a forthcoming weekend when DD2 comes home with the computerised doll thingie that acts like a real baby for part of her Child Development course. Those sleepless nights for 'feeds' etc seem such a long time ago... Sleepless nights now are more about waiting to make sure DD1 has got home safely from her weekend clubbing!

Diane said...

What a beautiful little girl!
I like the idea of threading a ribbon through the garden plot or grandmas bedspread....What do you call it? My mum knitted one for my eldest when he was born 19 years ago and i've just returned the favour by knitting her one as a lapghan .....