Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Golf birthday cake




I have just got round to loading this picture onto the lap-top. I baked it and decorated it for my husband to celebrate his 60th birthday in February.
It was fun to make and decorate. I haven't made a "Proper" birthday cake for years. In the past I have created all sorts of things from sponge, including the Thunderbirds Tracey Island, Thomas the Tank engine, Postman pat's van and even a severed hand!! If I can find the photographic evidence I will try and scan it into the computer(but don't hold your breath)

Having just looked back over some of my previous posts I realise I never admitted what happened to the silky look cardigan I was making over Christmas. Well, it is now on the frogging pile as it was wider than it was long, and although I am a little on the plus size it swamps me.
I also have to admit to another purchase. (must keep it quiet as hubby doesn't know about it ) I was in Hobbycraft in Maidstone on Tuesday and they had some Rowan DK yarn 1/2 price. Well you can't miss an oportunity like that can you? I bought a few balls, enough to knit a long waistcoat, and so my stash keeps growing. At this rate, if I live to be a hundred I will never run out of yarn!

I have just made another e-bay purchase, Not for me this time. Mike had his eye on a dinghy to use to get onto his boat. He currently uses an inflatable which is great to use occasionally but is not big enough to transfer gear and bodies from "shore to ship" and vice versa. We are now the proud owners of a solid dinghy and outboard motor. Now we have to name her! The big boat is called VOLANTE and the inflatable is called the MOODY MOLLY (named after the make of the big boat and our dog!) The new dinghy now needs a wacky name. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

woolydoodles said...

Hey love the cake! I wouldnt be able to resist rowan dk at half price either! I really hope your back is feeling better?
I'd love to see a pic of the socks as I've ummed and ahhed over the candy floss yarn for a bit now.
I still owe you some money, is there any way I can paypal it to you, just I dont know where my check book is!!!
Take care
Love n hugs
Mel x