Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Rest..... Whats that?

Having been told by the doctor to rest, I thought it would be simple. Sit down, put my feet up and get the needles out!
No such luck.
Yesterday Emily managed to get hit on the back of the head by a badly placed football. The worst thing was that she was only chatting to mates during break time at school and was not even playing.
Emily is notorious at school for her continuous list of accidents. During her 5 years at high school she has broken her wrist twice, suffered concussion three times, cracked her coccyx and now has whiplash! Add to that viral meningitis and knee surgery, she has really made her mark!
Back to me... Guess who had to spend 3 1/2 hours in casualty while she had her neck xray done. At one point the doctors nearly offered me a bed due to the fact that I was getting breathless from coughing.

NATURE UPDATE
The nest is still safe. I really worry every time I see the Magpie approaching. Fortunately the parent birds are very observant and have seen it off.
They haven't finished building, but have started to decorate already. Today a piece of blue nylon rope has been added to the nest making it look very attractive.

I HATE STEROIDS
I've been on 30mg of prednisolone for 5 days and now feel like marshmallow man! My fingers are like puffed rice and I've had to take off my eternity ring. I would have taken off the wedding ring,but I couldn't get it off in time. Thus I sit here watching it dissappear into my folds of skin, knowing that if it gets any worse I will have to have it cut off......The ring not the finger ....hopefully!

No comments: