Thursday, August 21, 2008

Ralvelympics

I cast on my stitches at 8mins past one (BST) on 08:08:08 in the car on the motorway on the journey to Skipton. As we left here at 9am this meant a few hours of wasted knitting time sat in the passenger seat of the car.
The photo shows the progress made by the time we reached Skipton, and was taken during a visit to a local pub.


We then travelled North to Beattock where we spent 9 days enjoying the delights of Southern Scotland.

I knitted quite a lot during the week as the weather was disappointingly wet, and we spent a lot of time in the car travelling between local towns and villages. I even managed a 3 hour knit while Mike and the kids were cycling down through the forest of Ae. There just happened to be a very nice coffee shop at the end of the cycle ride!!! (I was not able to cycle with them due to a bulging Lumbar disc, such a shame as I would have loved to join them in getting soaked to the skin and very muddy. My 3 hours knitting in a nice warm dry coffee shop just doesn't compare!!!)


Cast off and sewn up by 7.09pm on 14:08:08 ( I only know the time because it was recorded on the camera, I don't usually notice what time I finish things)

2 comments:

blog-blethers said...

Hope your back is healed and letting you join in all the family muddy fun again.

What wonderful news about Emily and her placement at Uni. You must be so proud of her and all she's achieved. What does she plan to study? Lauren's about to go back to year 2 of her BSc in Business Excellence at the University of Glamorgan. Caitlin is due to start college - I think she's doing a BTec but we'll see after her meeting with college next week I'm not sure if they know what's going to hit them;)!!

sarah said...

Emily is off to study Sport science , outdoor activities. Thus Snowdonia and the Menai straights should be just right for her. Also Bangor have very very good Dyslexia support. I can't believe she is really going, and I know I will miss her, although I won't miss the way she treats home like a high class hotel/laundry!!!My washing and ironing should be cut in half when she goes, although I think Charlie will more than make up for it if this holiday was anything to go by.