Thursday, May 15, 2008

Cycling for Charity


On Sunday Charlie will be cycling 12 1/2 miles to raise money for the MS centre where I work and the RNLI.
Hopefully she will raise loads of sponsorship as she will have to work hard to get round the route. I was going to cycle with her, but due to a back injury I am no longer able to so Emily has volunteered to go with her as her responsible adult.
Good luck to both my girls.


If you felt you were able to sponsor CHarlie please check out her fundraising page on my side-bar.
Thanks




Mike and I will be working hard before during and after the event as we are helping with the admin and health and safety of the riders. I will also be a marshall on the day, and Mike is in overall charge of the event on the day.



Knitting

At last I am able to sit almost comfortably and do some knitting. I have finished a pair of socks in Tofutsies and started another pair using Fyberspates sock yarn. I love the Fyberspates and as I made my first pair of socks with this yarn it brings back the joy of making the first pair.



GirlGuiding

I have recently become an assistant Guider for the 14th Coulsdon Guides (I am already assistant Guider with the Rainbows) and next weekend we are off to camp. I am First Aider on camp, so I am hoping for a dry week with not too much sunshine!
I'm also in charge of craft activities on camp. This year the theme is Pirates so I have been collecting ideas from the internet. I have come up with some great ideas including Hama bead coasters with glow in the dark skull and cross bones, Beaded phone charms, ship in a bottle, pirate bandanas, eye patches and t-shirts. Hopefully we will have enough to keep the girls busy! I will take photos of the craft projects as they are made and jhopefully post them on here when we get back.

1 comment:

Artis-Anne said...

I have just read my blog and read your kind comments. So glad that you are happy with them both .
Another Emily :) and does she like pink too ? I lived near Bangor for many years ; we are about and hour away now. I do hope she enjoys her time there , hard to see them leave the nest isn't it ?
Take care and thanks again

Love
Anne x